top of page

Hilltop Greyhounds

Public·1 member
Myron Kolobov
Myron Kolobov

Linux Mint For Mac Mini 2014 |VERIFIED|

Installing Ubuntu/Linux Mint on Macmini is easy, but getting it to work the way you normally want a PC to run is a bit difficult (meaning, run smoothly and making all peripherals work) :) I am trying to cover all the issues I had with linux installation process and getting Apple hardware to run happily with Linux.

Linux Mint For Mac Mini 2014

Step 2: Get the kernel packages as per your processor architecture from the link below. You should download THREE packages from the link linux-headers-generic, linux-headers, linux-image. Since all latest mac mini run Core iX processors you can safely download 64bit packages.

These are all the problems I experienced while using Linux with my Mac mini in the first two weeks, and hope this document would help one of you brave linux users to run your favourite distro on one of the best hardware provided by Apple :)

• IntroductionIn previous articles I have shown how to install Ubuntu Linux alongside Windows 8 and how to dual boot Ubuntu with ChromeOS on the HP Chromebook.This time I am going to show how to install Linux Mint alongside OSX on the MacBook Air.Linux Mint has been top of the Distrowatch rankings for the past year. Whilst the rankings have to be taken with a pinch of salt there is clearly merit in writing an article showing the best that Linux has to offer working on hardware that oozes quality.The actual installation isn't too difficult but there are some challenges on the way and the steps highlighted are the steps I used to complete the task. As always if there are better ways to achieve the